Education Kit: Becoming Dementia Aware
Full training course with license
We hope that the resources in this Education Kit will be a practical starting point in helping staff become more aware that they can make a significant difference with some simple changes to the way they have traditionally done things. Please check back with us for additional products and services to meet your needs as you grow your dementia care skills!
This Education Kit includes the following:
- Introductory Video: “Meet Teepa Snow” (12 min.) and “Dementia 101” (5 min.)
- Primary Video: “Becoming Dementia Aware” (210 min.)
- Outline and Objectives for Primary Video content
- Bonus handout materials (pdf): GEMS Resource, The Umbrella of Dementia, PPA/PAS/PPC Resource, PAC Hand Core Values/Mission
- Pre/Post Assessments (pdf):
- By Chapter Quiz and Overall Quiz for Primary Video
- Answer Key for Assessments (pdf)*
- Certificate of Completion Template (pdf)**
- A license to use the video content for your organization for one (1) year; renewal licenses will be granted upon payment of yearly license fee. Licensing renewal fee is based upon the number of users and will be determined at the time of renewal***
The Education Kits were designed primarily for use by organizations of 100 or fewer professionals. If your organization exceeds this number, please contact [email protected] to discuss other options available to you.
Organizations wishing to incorporate the Education Kit content into existing Learning Management Systems should contact [email protected] to learn more about this option. Note: the content for Becoming Dementia Aware is not available for upload on a Learning Management System (LMS).
* Administrator Documents: The Answer Key(s) and Certificate Template PDFs will be sent to purchaser’s email within one (1) business day of purchase and enrollment in the Kit. If you do not receive those files or require them on a rush basis please email us.
** Certificate of Completion: Certificate includes only the time required by users to view the Primary Video and Additional Videos (3 hour, 30 min). It does not include the time needed to complete pre/post assessments, or to view the Introductory videos. Please allow users adequate time for the assessments and, at your option, the Introductory videos.
*** Multiple Users: If you need multiple users within your organization to view this content from their own devices, please email your request with the number of anticipated users.You will be provided with a unique code that will allow your users to enroll at no additional fee for a period of one (1) year from the purchase date.
Visit our website for additional resources and information.
StartBecoming Dementia Aware- Chapter 4: Seeing and Responding to the Changes (19:27)
StartBecoming Dementia Aware- Chapter 5: Greet Before you Treat (20:16)
StartBecoming Dementia Aware- Chapter 6: The Positive Physical Approach (PPA) (22:12)
StartPAC Skills In Depth (6:27)
StartBecoming Dementia Aware- Chapter 7: After PPA (19:02)
StartBecoming Dementia Aware- Chapter 8: Caring for ALL (18:35)